LGA 2011, also called Socket R, is a CPU socket by Intel. It replaces Intel's LGA 1366 (Socket B) in the performance and high-end desktop and server platforms.
Socket R uses QPI to connect the CPU to additional CPUs. DMI 2.0 is used to connect the processor to the PCH. The memory controller and 40 PCIe lanes are integrated on the CPU. On a secondary processor an extra x4 PCIe interface replaces the DMI interface.
The socket supports Sandy Bridge E-series processors with 4 memory channels of DDR3, as well as, 40× PCIe 2.0 or 3.0 lanes;The Extreme Edition processor supports six cores with 15 MB of shared L3 cache on a ring bus and a quad-channel DDR3 memory controller. LGA 2011 will also be compatible with future Ivy Bridge-E processors. more info
CPU Comparison Chart
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80 High-performance CPU Cooler - Compact and Quiet Cooling Under Your Control with Corsair Link™
* Pre-filled, closed-loop system is easy to install
* Corsair Link™ Digital compatibility means that you can be in complete control of your cooling
* Push-button fan control so you can select the fan speed and cooling performance that best suits your needs.
* A new improved Micro-Channel CPU cooling plate for maximum cooling performance
* Integrated pump and reservoir is sealed for zero maintenance and improved leakage protection
* Large, double-thick 120mm x 152mm x 38mm radiator for outstanding heat dissipation
* Two all-new 120mm fans optimize static pressure and airflow for amazing performance
* Fan speeds (+/- 10%): up to 1300 RPM (Low Noise), 2000 RPM (Balanced), and 2500 RPM (High Performance)
* Fan airflow: 46 - 92 CFM, static pressure: 1.6 - 7.7mm/H20
* Fan dBA: 22 - 39